Toothpaste/Dental Whitening Cream Manufacturing – Quadro Ytron
BACKGROUND / REQUIREMENT
- Incorporation of Carbopol and 40% Carbamide Peroxide into Glycerine.
- Carbopol is difficult to disperse into Glycerine because the low pH Glycerine solution results in instant hydration and viscosity increase.
- 40% by weight Carbamide Peroxide is added to the Carbopol solution in a recirculation to the mixing vessel.
- Need to increase production without expanding the facility.
QUADRO ’ S APPROACH
- ZC1 in line disperser, skid mounted with a dual PD pump arrangement for performance with high viscosities and high solids addition rates and automated Q-Vac vacuum powder addition system.
- Controls to allow (3) pre-set operating points on inlet and discharge pumps
- Carbopol addition
- Carbamide Peroxide addition
- Auxiliary setting
Automated powder valve with level sensors in the hopper to control powder on/off addition.
QUADRO YTRON ZC POWDER DISPERSER ADVANTAGES
- 75% reduction in overall batch time vs. conventional in-tank mixer processing.
- Rapid incorporation & dispersion of solids without lumps or 'fish-eyes'.
- Improved product consistency from batch to batch.
- Increase in viscosity, customer was able to reformulate and use less polymer.
- Eliminated requirement to filter undispersed powders.
- No over-processing common with conventional mixers preserving the rheological properties of shear -sensitive products.
- Significantly reduced air entrainment.
- Elimination of quality problems associated with cross batch contamination.
- No excessive dusting from bag dumping into process vessels
- No solids build-up on process vessel walls
- Elimination of the requirement to expand the manufacturing area to increase production.