Background / Requirement
- Guar gum, a high-viscosity thickener, highly hydrophilic and difficult- to-disperse without fisheyes
- Gum dispersion is pumped into the wells to displace oil for recovery from porous rock
- High-capacity, single-pass dispersion into hot or cold water.
- ZC3 in-line disperser, skid mounted with a discharge PD pump arrangement for performance with high viscosities and high solids addition rates.
- Simple VFD pump control to provide:
- Variable backpressure on ZC3 disperser controlling powder incorporation rate
- Steady control of discharge concentration
- Positive delivery of viscous gum dispersion to downstream processing
- Powder feed system to maintain full charge in powder hopper
Quadro Ytron® ZC Powder Disperser Features
- Rapid incorporation and dispersion of solids - reduced batch times by as much as 90% versus conventional high HP in-tank, high-shear mixer processing
- Significantly reduced air entrainment
- Control of discharge concentration to avoid post dispersion blending of viscous gum solutions
- Dispersion possible in hot or cold water.